Food makers are under increased pressure to cut fat, salt and sugar from their products. While reformulating to remove these nutrients is undeniably important, what about shaking up recipes to add others in?
Day Three of FoodNavigator’s 2021 broadcast summit, Positive Nutrition, will include two-hours of content focused in Reformulation & Fortification. Going live on Wednesday 24 March at 15.00 CET, this session will aim to determine what ‘healthy’ food looks like. And how can stakeholders contribute to help food and beverage makers strike a balance between ‘baddies’ out and ‘goodies’ in?
We will profile innovations within the reformulation and fortification landscape and discuss the challenges and opportunities formulators face when reworking recipes with positive nutrition in mind.
Event: Positive Nutrition: Reformulation & Fortification
Date: 24 March 2021
Time: 15.00-17.00 CET (14.00 – 16.00 GMT)
PRESENTATION ONE: Reformulation in the cereals industry
Gharry Eccles, Vice President UK and Oceania, Cereal Partners Worldwide (Nestlé & General Mills), will reflect on CPUK’s long reformulation journey, detailing how it has improved the nutritional profile of its breakfast cereals over the last 10 years. Eccles will touch on the company’s challenges and achievements in reformulation and fortification, and focus on the company’s future plans.
PRESENTATION TWO: Solving the reformulation and fortification puzzle: Next generation ingredients and strategies for sugar reduction
Paul Courtney, Global New Product Development Director at Sweegen will look at the role nature-based high intensity sweeteners and holistic taste modulation plays in enabling sugar reduction across product development programmes. Courtney will provide an overview of Sweegen’s current and future innovations and deliver advice on how to meet consumer needs using sweetness and taste modulation techniques.
PANEL: Reformulation and fortification: Looking beyond fat, salt and sugar.
FoodNavigator journalist Flora Southey will be joined by an expert panel to discuss the current challenges facing food brands in taking out the ‘baddies’ as well as opportunities to add in positive nutrients through fortification.
- What factors are driving demand for HFSS foods lacking in minerals and vitamins?
- How are these products impacting public health?
- What innovation strategies are informing ‘healthy’ NPD without negatively impacting consumer demand?
- What are consumers looking for in fortified foods? How will this trend develop in the future?
- Should there be a geographical focus on fortification in foods?
- Are consumers willing to pay more for ‘healthier’ foods?
- What role should regulation play in reformulation and fortification?
The 45-minute panel will be followed by a 20 minute Q&A, where you’ll have the opportunity to have your say.
Our expert panel includes:
- Paul Courtney, Global New Product Development Director, Sweegen
- Gharry Eccles, Vice President UK and Oceania, Cereal Partners Worldwide (Nestlé & General Mills)
- Holly Gabriel, Nutrition Manager, Action on Sugar
- Andrew Gibb, Founder & Managing Director, Coldpress Foods
- Amy Glass, UK Diet and Health Policy Manager, Food and Drink Federation
Register for our session on Reformulation and Fortification HERE.
FoodNavigator will examine this and more across our FREE four-day broadcast event.
Arranged around eight healthy food pillars, FoodNavigator will be joined by a host of industry leaders to discuss:
- Wellness Ingredients
- Healthy Ageing
- Natural & Clean Label
- Allergens and Free-From
- Infant and Childhood Nutrition
- Reformulation & Fortification
- Healthy Snacking
Not available on 24 March? Don’t worry, if you register now you’ll be able to access our content on-demand after the live event.