The novel coronavirus has changed the way we consume food – whether that be via the shopping experience itself, what we are choosing to eat, or how we think about food and health.
In a unique collaboration between our global editorial teams, the FoodNavigator Unlocking Innovation series will bring experts together for 12 webinars looking at how COVID has impacted our three regions: EMEA, the Americas, and APAC.
Each region will explore how the impacts of COVID-19 will shape tomorrow’s food system, whether that be for new product development, start-ups, nutrition, or sustainability.
Having heard Katy Askew and a team of panellists talk preventative health, wellness and nutrition on 30 June, we now turn to our next free webinar: a 60-minute online event looking at start-ups, new business development, and funding.
It will feature a line-up of industry experts and thought leaders including:
- Theadora Alexander, Co-Founder, Young Foodies
- Nick Geoghegan, Strategy Director at eatbigfish
- Niccolo Manzoni, Co-Founder and Managing Director, Five Seasons Ventures
- Albrecht Wolfmeyer, International and National Head, ProVeg Incubator
Nick Geoghegan, Strategy Director at eatbigfish will kick off the webinar with a 20-minute presentation on challenger brands and their potential to thrive amid a downturn. This will be followed by a 30-minute discussion with our panel of experts. All speakers will be invited to answer your questions in an audience Q&A segment.
Agile start-ups and challenger brands have disrupted the food sector through their short NPD pipelines and close consumer relationships. Yet the economic consequences of COVID-19 are already weighing heavily on F&B SMEs, who have seen their cashflow hit as retailers rationalise SKUs and out-of-home channels go from here to zero.
What does the future look like for start-up brands? What criteria are investors still active in the space looking for? And how can they thrive in a post-COVID world?
Tune in to find out. Register for free here.
Dates and topics for the EMEA Unlocking Innovation series include:
- Preventative Health, Wellness and Nutrition – 30 June @ 4pm CET
- Start-ups, New Business Development & Funding – 8 July @ 4pm CET
- NPD and the Evolving Consumer Landscape – 22 July @ 4pm CET
- Sustainability & Traceability in Focus – 29 July @ 4pm CET