Consumers are demanding two things: more snacking opportunities and healthier snacks. This provides a sector ripe for innovation.
Day Three of FoodNavigator’s 2021 broadcast summit, Positive Nutrition, will include two-hours of content focused on the topic of Active Nutrition & Healthy Snacking. Going live on Wednesday 24 March at 10.00 CET, this two-hour session will ask what innovations are delivering nutritionally dense snacking that also meets consumer taste expectations? And how is active nutrition – previously the preserve of gym bunnies – translating into on-the-go snacks for health-conscious consumers?
Event: Positive Nutrition: Active Nutrition & Healthy Snacking
Date: 24 March 2021
Time: 10:00-12:00CET (09.00 – 11.00 GMT)
PRESENTATION ONE: Innovation and product formulation in the European savoury snacks sector – achievements and challenges
Sebastian Emig, Director General of the European Snacks Association will discuss how savoury snacks manufacturers have worked very hard over the last decades to bring great flavours and tastes to market whilst ensuring lower overall salt levels, reducing saturated fat and also total fat content in products.
PRESENTATION TWO: The opportunities for personalised nutrition
Jean-Christophe Flatin President, Innovation Science & Technology, Mars Edge will talk about the breakthroughs in data and technology that allow the company options for health and wellbeing that address individual needs and preferences at a rate we’ve not seen before.
PANEL: Balancing affordability, convenience and taste in the healthy snacking and active nutrition space
FoodNavigator journalist Oliver Morrison will be joined by a panel of experts to discuss the trends and opportunities in the Active Nutrition & Healthy Snacking market.
We’ll be asking:
- How big is the opportunity in healthy snacking and active nutrition?
- What do consumers want from products in this space? Healthy indulgence or solutions to their specific health and nutritional needs such as 1 of your 5 a day?
- What are you noticing in the differences between younger and older consumer expectations?
- How hard is it to balance indulgent versus healthy snacking experiences? Can we have both? What’s the hardest challenge in making snacks tasty but also better for you?
- What’s the secret to supermarket listings? What are the big retailers demanding from better-for-you snacks?
The 45-minute panel will be followed by a 20-minute Q&A, where you’ll have the opportunity to have your say.
Our expert panel includes:
- Sebastian Emig, Director General, European Snacks Association
- Amanda Argent, Founder, Foodologie/Soupologie
- John McManus, UK Marketing Director, KIND
- Cathy Moseley, the ‘Kernel’, at Boundless
- Harry Turpin, Founder, The Savourists
FoodNavigator will examine this and more across our FREE four-day broadcast event.
Arranged around eight healthy food pillars, FoodNavigator will be joined by a host of industry leaders to discuss:
- Wellness Ingredients
- Healthy Ageing
- Natural & Clean Label
- Allergens and Free-From
- Infant and Childhood Nutrition
- Reformulation & Fortification
- Healthy Snacking
Not available on 24 March? Don’t worry, if you register now you’ll be able to access our content on-demand after the live event.