FREE BROADCAST EVENT: Hear Valio, Smoothlink Japan, the Norwegian Institute of Food and more discuss healthy ageing
An ageing population is a time bomb for Europe’s food sector, which must innovate to address the specific needs of this rapidly expanding, and generally affluent, consumer group.
Day One of FoodNavigator’s 2021 broadcast summit, Positive Nutrition, will include two-hours of content focused on the topic of Healthy Ageing. Going live on Monday 22 March at 10.00 CET, this two-hour session will probe the innovation opportunities in the healthy ageing sector and ask how the food industry can better meet the needs of this growing cohort of consumers.
Event: Positive Nutrition: Healthy Ageing
Date: 22 March 2021
Time: 10:00-12:00CET (09.00 – 11.00 GMT)
PRESENTATION ONE: How to create nutritional solutions for healthy ageing
Anu Turpeinen, Nutrition Research Manager at Finland-based Valio, will discuss why milk-based ingredients are a premium choice for tailored nutritional needs of the elderly. Preventing nutritional deficiencies and maintaining physical and cognitive functioning are the main aims of nutrition during ageing, she says. Protein, phospholipids, calcium, iodine and vitamin Bs in milk, meanwhile, can support cognition and activity of older adults.
PRESENTATION TWO: Social innovation and healthy ageing in daily life for the elderly in 2030
Understanding the elderly's motivation for choosing food and social setting is essential for a healthy diet and healthy ageing, says Ida Synnøve Bårvåg Grini, Senior Advisor at the Norwegian Institute of Food, Fisheries and Aquaculture Research. It will therefore be important to involve the elderly in creating their own future and find solutions for both the elderly and society's challenges.
PANEL: Silver surfers and baby boomers: an ignored opportunity?
FoodNavigator journalist Oliver Morrison will be joined by a panel of experts to discuss healthy ageing and the food innovations needed to address the specific needs of this rapidly growing consumer group.
We’ll be asking:
- What are the specific needs of the ageing population?
- What flavours, textures and eating opportunities could the industry tap to capitalise on this growing cohort?
- What can we learn from diets in two locations often associated with healthy ageing and slower cognitive decline: the Med and Japan?
- How can we target older consumers with healthy ageing products without offending them?
- What can we learn from other industries like pharma and fashion about more positive depictions of older people in marketing?
The 45-minute panel will be followed by a 20-minute Q&A, where you’ll have the opportunity to have your say.
Our expert panel includes:
- Hisaaki Kato, CEO, Smoothlink Japan
- Myriam Snaet, Head of Market Intelligence & Consumer Insights Platinum Sponsor – Beneo
- Ida Synnøve Bårvåg Grini, Senior advisor, Norwegian Institute of Food, Fisheries and Aquaculture Research
- Gal Tsaban, Medical Doctor, Master of Public Health, PhD student in Medical Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev
- Anu Turpeinen, Nutrition Research Manager, Valio
Register for our FREE session on Healthy Ageing HERE.
FoodNavigator will examine this and more across our FREE four-day broadcast event.
Arranged around eight healthy food pillars, FoodNavigator will be joined by a host of industry leaders to discuss:
- Wellness Ingredients
- Healthy Ageing
- Natural & Clean Label
- Allergens and Free-From
- Infant and Childhood Nutrition
- Reformulation & Fortification
- Healthy Snacking
Not available on 22 March? Don’t worry, if you register now you’ll be able to access our content on-demand after the live event.