Has indulgence taken a backseat to healthy snacking?
The free-to-attend Healthy Snacking in 2023 Webinar is tapping some of the most influential voices in the sector to take a deep dive into consumer behaviour, market demand and what producers need to do to stay ahead of the curve.
The rising consumer consciousness also means snacks need to meet nutritional needs; add functional benefits like increasing energy, control appetite, get fortification from fibre, protein, vitamins, minerals and probiotics and swerve away from the obesity crisis; but still providing guilt-free pleasure and indulgence.
Can snacks really meet all those criteria?
Your questions answered
To dig down and unpack this complex subject, Bakery&Snacks has enlisted a panel of industry leaders to take to the podium on 25 May at and share their insight. The 60-minute info-packed session delves into the challenges of this megatrend, how it’s shaping consumer behaviour, its forecasted shelf life and what producers should be doing to play their part. We will also cover the technical realities and implications of the trend as it’s not just a simple case of removing fat, sugar and sodium.
Tapping into their vast reserves of insights are:
- Sebastian Emig is director general of the European Snacks Association
- Joanne Burns is Reformulation for Health manager for Food and Drink Federation Scotland
- Blonnie Whist is Insights director of Lumina intelligence
- Kristy Lewis is the founder and chief visionary officer of Quinn Snacks
Moderated by Bakery&Snacks’ editor Gill Hyslop, some of the topics to be explored include:
- Snacking has always been a part of consumer lifestyle: it’s quick and convenient. But what is shaping our snacking behaviour in 2023?
- How is the trend expected to evolve over the next decade?
- Where does indulgence sit in this new mindset?
- How is the UK/Scottish Government stepping in to help industry with reformulation? Is there similar support in the EU/US?
- What are some of the technical/cost/regulatory realities of reformulation?
- Eating healthy historically comes at a higher price, how has the runaway inflation impacted consumer enthusiasm and snack sales?
- Advice for small producers looking to capitalise on this trend
So many points to consider and making it even more challenging is the fact that consumer demand constantly fluctuates.
Keep your finger on the pulse
The Bakery&Snacks Healthy Snacking in 2023 webinar is set to inform, inspire and instruct and should not be missed – no matter your role in the company. Attendees will be able to put their burning questions to the panel by submitting them upon registration.
It’s live on Thursday, 25 May at 3pm UK/4pm CET/9am CT. If you can’t make the live event, register anyway. The webinar will be made available to registrants after the broadcast date as an on-demand presentation.
Register here for this free event, which is sponsored by Benexia, Healthy Food Ingredients (hfi), Brightseed, Cargill and Kerry.