Consumers want fewer ingredients, with nothing artificial, when they browse food labels in-store. From a food maker’s perspective, how can these ingredients also play into the positive nutrition agenda?
Day Four of FoodNavigator’s 2021 broadcast summit, Positive Nutrition, will include two-hours of content focused on Natural & Clean Label. Going live on Thursday 25 March at 10am CET, this session will ask how food and beverage manufacturers can best navigate the balance between taste, texture, shelf-life, and an appealing ingredients lists.
We will profile innovations within the natural and clean label landscape and discuss the challenges and opportunities brands face when reformulating and fortifying with positive nutrition in mind.
Event: Positive Nutrition: Natural & Clean Label
Date: 25 March 2021
Time: 10.00 - 12.00 CET (9.00 – 12.00 GMT)
PRESENTATION ONE: The evolution of clean label in the new normal
Rick Miller, Associated Director, Specialised Nutrition at Mintel will kick off the session with a presentation on the ever-evolving trend of clean label. In this keynote presentation, Miller will explore what has driven and continues to drive the insatiable consumer demand for clean and natural ingredient labels. This session will examine what consumers really mean by ‘clean’ and how brands are responding to their need with respect to other trends.
PANEL: Clean label and positive nutrition: challenges and opportunities
FoodNavigator journalist Flora Southey will be joined by an expert panel to analyse the clean label trend, with a particular focus on new product development, taste, texture, and shelf-life. We’ll be asking:
- What factors are driving the clean label and ‘natural’ trend?
- How are these trends changing over time?
- How are ‘clean’ and ‘natural’ labels perceived by consumers and industry?
- What role does sustainability play in clean label?
- How can the trend help bring ‘good’ ingredients in, while also replacing the ‘nasties’?
- What role can clean label play in plant-based?
- How should clean label and ‘natural’ be communicated front-of-pack?
- Without a definition for ‘natural’, should the term be used for marketing purposes?
- Should ‘natural’ be defined by the European Commission?
- What does the future hold for clean label and ‘natural’ ingredients?
Our expert panel includes:
- Huib van Bockel, Founder, TENZING
- Maris van der Heijden, Marketing Manager, Rousselot
- Manasi Kumbhat, Product Manager, Texture, Döhler
- Vincent Mathys, EMEA Marketing Leader, IFF Nourish division
- Miriam Ueberall, Vice President R&D International Zone, Kraft Heinz Company
PRESENTATION TWO: The future of clean label: adding smart sustainability
Marit van der Heijden, Marketing Manager at Rousselot will be talking clean label and gelatin – an ingredient she says has become indispensable due to its functionality and ability to help food formulators meet the current and future definitions of clean label. Van der Heijden will also touch on sustainability, with a focus on ingredient production methods that contribute to the circular economy.
PRESENTATION THREE: How to prioritize the clean label features that matter and succeed on the shelves?
Vincent Mathys, EMEA Marketing Leader at IFF Nourish, will give a presentation on the clean label journey, covering how food makers can prioritise the clean label features that matter, what it takes for ‘clean’ ingredients lists to succeed on-shelf, and how IFF helps solve customer’s clean label challenges.
Register for our session on Natural & Clean label HERE.
FoodNavigator will examine this and more across our FREE four-day broadcast event.
Arranged around eight healthy food pillars, FoodNavigator will be joined by a host of industry leaders to discuss:
- Wellness Ingredients
- Healthy Ageing
- Natural & Clean Label
- Allergens and Free-From
- Infant and Childhood Nutrition
- Reformulation & Fortification
- Healthy Snacking
Not available on 25 March? Don’t worry, if you register now you’ll be able to access our content on-demand after the live event.