Europe is battling a pandemic: childhood obesity. According to the WHO, one in three 11-year-olds in the European region are overweight or obese.
Day One of FoodNavigator’s 2021 broadcast summit, Positive Nutrition, will include two-hours of content focused on Infant & Childhood Nutrition. Going live on the 22 March, this session will ask what 'good' infant and childhood nutrition looks like and how healthy eating can be promoted.
We will profile innovation strategies to make healthy kids’ food more accessible, affordable and appetising – as well as asking what changes are needed to defuse the public health ticking time bomb of childhood obesity.
Event: Positive Nutrition: Infant & Childhood
Date: 22 March 2021
Time: 14.00 – 16.00 GMT (15.00 – 17.00 CET)
PRESENTATION ONE: How early life nutrition influences health for a lifetime
Hear from Zoë Ellis, Head of Consumer Medical Affairs at Danone Specialised Nutrition, as she takes us through the importance of the first 1000 days, a crucial developmental period that can influence health outcomes for a lifetime. This session will examine the role and science behind nutrition in early life and its importance in building a healthy gut and immune system.
PRESENTATION TWO: Inspirational marketing for healthy kids food
Dan Parker, CEO at Veg Power, will discuss how the power of marketing can be used to get kids to eat their greens. With over 25 years of advertising experience, Parker will discuss explore the the insight, strategic and creative thinking needed to market healthy foods to kids. He will draw on the experience of Veg Power, a non-profit that is best known for ‘Eat Them to Defeat Them’, a campaign that reached into the homes of 40m people in 2019.
PANEL: Turning the tide on childhood obesity
FoodNavigator editor Katy Askew will be joined by an expert panel, who will unpick strategies to turn the tide on the childhood obesity crisis. We’ll be asking:
- What are the drivers of childhood obesity?
- Why have we seen a shift in diets towards energy dense (often HFSS) f&b that are often low in vitamins, minerals and other micronutrients?
- What role / responsibility does the food industry have in addressing childhood obesity?
- How can innovation and reformulation improve health outcomes and compete with HFSS products?
- Are voluntary efforts on labelling and marketing effective?
- What role should regulators pay?
- Are ‘junk food’ and sugar taxes effective?
- What does good childhood nutrition look like – and how can stakeholders at various levels contribute to driving down childhood obesity rates?
The 45-minute panel will be followed by a 20 minute Q&A, where you’ll get the opportunity to have your say.
Our expert panel includes:
- Kathy La Macchia, Head of Nutrition, Consumer Science and Culinary, Europe, at The Kraft Heinz Company
- Sophie Niedermaier-Patramani, CEO, Little Tummy
- Dan Parker, CEO, Veg Power
- Declan O’Brien, Director General, British Specialist Nutrition Association (BSNA)
- Mark Golder, Managing Director, Organix
Register for our session on Infant & Childhood nutrition HERE.
FoodNavigator will examine this and more across our FREE four-day broadcast event.
Arranged around eight healthy food pillars, FoodNavigator will be joined by a host of industry leaders to discuss:
- Wellness Ingredients
- Healthy Ageing
- Natural & Clean Label
- Allergens and Free-From
- Infant and Childhood Nutrition
- Reformulation & Fortification
- Healthy Snacking
Not available on 22 March? Don't worry, if you register now you'll be able to access our content on-demand after the live event.