Excessive sugar consumption is impacting public health. With pressure mounting to cut the sweet stuff from food and drink products, how can innovation help manufacturers ‘hit the sweet spot’ between health and taste?
Which innovations are leading the charge in the sugar reduction space and why? How reliant should manufacturers be on technology to cut sugar from finished products? Or is there a responsibility on food makers to reduce sweetness in foods, in the hope that consumers tastebuds adapt?
From a regulatory standpoint, are governments doing enough? Should a tougher stance be taken to penalise manufacturers selling high-sugar foods?
Find out this and more in our 60-minute webinar on 25 February, which brings together experts from Weetabix, Better Juice, Innova Market Insights, and Safe Food Advocacy Europe (SAFE).
Event: Hitting the Sweet Spot
Date: Thursday 25 February 2021
Time: 4pm CET / 9am CT
Agenda: In our debate, moderated by FoodNavigator journalist Flora Southey, we’ll discuss:
- Which popular sugar reduction methods are most used by manufacturers and why? What are their limitations?
- How are consumers responding to different sugar reduction innovations on the market? Can they taste the difference?
- What role does ‘clean label’ play in sugar reduction? Do consumers want less sugar, fewer ‘unnatural’ ingredients, or both?
- Should policymakers – either at national or EU level – take a tougher stance on sugar reduction regulations?
The panel discussion will finish up with a Q&A with our experts. To submit questions in advance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eran Blachinsky, CEO and founder, Better Juice
- Floriana Cimmarusti, Secretary General, Safe Food Advocacy Europe (SAFE)
- Akhil Eashwar Aiyar, Market Analyst, Innova Market Insights
- John Petre, Supply Chain and Technical Director, Weetabix Food Company
Register HERE for this free event, sponsored by Sweegen, Givaudan, and Cargill