The plant-based category is witnessing buoyant growth, boosted by health, environmental and animal welfare concerns.
Innovation is driving excitement and making plant-based options more accessible. Delivering meat, fish and dairy analogues that fit easily into the established consumption patterns of a growing cohort of flexitarian consumers is key to supporting growth.
But what will distinguish the winners from the losers in this market? How are cutting edge approaches to technology and ingredients supporting disruption and diversification in the plant-based space? And how will this rapidly expanding toolbox shape the future of plant-based NPD?
Find out this and more in our 60-minute webinar on the 28 January, which brings together top executives from pioneering companies including Quorn Foods, Redefine Meat, Hooked Seafood, and Remilk.
Event: Development and diversification in plant-based
Date: Thursday 28 January 2021
Time: 4pm CET / 9am CT
Duration of live webinar: 60 minutes
AGENDA: In our debate, moderated by FoodNavigator editor Katy Askew, we’ll discuss:
- What is driving the plant-based boom?
- What are the current category and competitive dynamics?
- Which product segments offer space for innovation to step up growth?
- What are the biggest formulation challenges when it comes to delivering the taste and texture consumers want? What innovative approaches are being developed to overcome these?
- Is the plant-based category aligned with consumer desire for healthy, clean label products?
- What new approaches – from the development of new protein options to innovations in areas like fat, flavour and aroma release – is our expert panel most excited about?
- Where do they see innovation taking the plant-based segment in the future?
- Can the category move from being a high-growth niche to rival the scale of meat, dairy and seafood industries and what would it take to get there?
The first 45 minutes will be devoted to a panel discussion and we’ll leave the remaining 15 minutes open for our expert panel to take your questions.
- Eshchar Ben-Shitrit, CEO of Redefine Meat
- Tom Johansson, Co-Founder & CEO, Hooked Seafood AB
- Adam Kemsley, Head of New Product Development, Quorn Foods
- Aviv Wolff, Co-founder and CEO, Remilk
Register HERE for this free event, sponsored by Givaudan, Indukern Food, Ingredion, and Symrise.
To submit questions in advance, email firstname.lastname@example.org