Rolling out to retailers from this month and available only while stocks last, according to Kellogg, the line-up features traditional autumn flavors such as pumpkin spices and caramel apples.
The company will be hoping the launches help to drive performance in Kellogg’s Morning Foods division, which includes its breakfast cereals, after the segment posted a 1.2% currency-neutral year-on-year net sales decline in the first quarter of fiscal 2016.
But the business has remained bullish that the segment will return to growth this year and said Special K – which is getting two limited-edition variants for the fall – led the way in combined sales of its six core brands gaining market share in the first three months of this year.
The new fall/autumn product launches comprise:
- Special K Pumpkin Spice Crunch cereal features rice and wheat flakes, and pumpkin spice flavor from nutmeg, allspice, ginger and cinnamon
- Special K Apple Cinnamon Crunch cereal featuring rice and wheat flakes with apple crumble clusters and cinnamon
- Halloween Chocolate Kellogg's Frosted Flakes with skeleton-shaped marshmallow bits
- Pop-Tarts Frosted Caramel Apple toaster pastries with a “flakey crust with apple- and caramel-flavored filling and sweet frosting”
- Pop-Tarts Frosted Pumpkin Pie featuring the flavor of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves.
- Nutri-Grain Pumpkin Spice soft-baked breakfast bars made with pumpkin and whole grains, and flavored with nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice and ginger
- Keebler Pumpkin Spice Fudge Stripes Cookies with a blend of fall spices including cinnamon, nutmeg, clove and ginger, and drizzled with white fudge
Kellogg is set to issue its 2016 second quarter earnings results Thursday August 4.