The buzz around Danisco and DuPont
In this special edition, we provide another chance to read the five most popular articles on the acquisition of Danisco by DuPont – a $6.3bn that has elicited great debate about consolidation in ingredients and which other firms could be hot property for potential buyers.
The initial deadline for shareholders to accept DuPont’s offer, made on 10 January, was 22 February, but this was subsequently extended to 1 April as DuPont had not received the necessary approvals and clearances from competition authorities in the EU and in China.
Look out for another special focus newsletter on FoodNavigator.com tomorrow. Our usual breaking news coverage will resume on Monday.
- Danisco to be acquired by DuPont
- DuPont would move food R&D to Danisco centres post acquisition
- DuPont's Danisco buy boosts probiotics and could spur furhter acquisitons
- CSM could be target for bio firms that missed out on Danisco
- Tate & Lyle potentially vulnerable to Cargill takeover bid, M&A expert