In February 2014, GlobalMeatNews conducted a survey on its user base of global meat industry professionals.
The objective of this survey was to gauge the views about the current state of the global meat industry and identify the issues that are causing most concern. In addition to this, users were also asked about their online usage trends in their day to day work life.
This survey was taken by more than 200 meat industry professionals around the globe. Highlights from the survey results are given below:
Online Trends among meat professionals:
- A massive 85.5% use the internet to read news and trends, followed by 67.2% towards research and 66% towards identifying products and suppliers
- 66.7% use the internet for more than 6 hours per week for work purposes
- 64.7% look for content with a global scope compared to 2.6% who preferred content targeted locally
State of the Global Meat Industry:
- More than 45% accepted that the horsemeat scandal had impacted their business the most
- 84% have an optimistic outlook about the future of their company when compared to last year
- 69% agree that the pricing pressure from retailers is threatening the quality of own-label products through excessive value engineering
…discover more exciting insights and analysis by downloading this exclusive report today.