Listeria contamination fears lead to Australian chorizo recall
By Mark Astley
- Last updated on
31 May – An Australian butcher has issued a recall of vacuum-packed chorizo from a retail store over fears the sausages are contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes bacterium.
Queensland-based Marsh Butcheries initiated the recall from its retail store in Stratford, warning consumers not to eat the product.
“Marsh Butcheries has recalled vacuum-packed chorizo sausages from its retail store in Stratford, Cairns in QLD due to the presence of Listeria Monocytogenes. Consumers should not eat this product,” said the recall notice.